Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Monday, June 14, 2010

Rat Race Day 2

Just a quick post today - almost everyone sunk out! Out of over 100 competitors, only 11 made goal. Most pilots ended up in the main landing zone but because so many of us were there the mood was pretty fun. I really enjoyed my flight today - caught a great thermal right off launch and then a beautiful one that took me right to cloudbase! I took it up just high enough that when I reached the top of the thermal my wing sliced through the bottom of the cloud as I went on glide across the valley. I sunk out on the other side along with almost everyone else, and after touching down it seemed as if the sky was raining down gliders. If it wasn't such a bummer that we all sunk out it would have been quite stunning. I think there were over 50 of us in there at one point!

Tomorrow's forecast looks similar, but it's supposed to improve as the week goes on. I'm definitely learning a lot this year - the mentorship programs kick butt and the pilots are so much fun. I can't wait to see what the rest of this trip has in store.

No comments: