Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yahoo for Practice Days!

Well well well.

So there I was...at the end of the comp pilot launch line on practice day. It was hot. I'd waited too long. Winds were switchy. Pilots were duffing launches as cycles switched their mind as they came up the north launch. I said to myself, "All I want is a good launch". I should have added something along the lines of "...and have a long flight".

I did have a super launch...and I'm also pretty sure I had the shortest flight ever. In fact, I did such a good job of finding that sweet, sweet sink that I began laughing out loud on my way in to land because of the ridiculously short time it took me to get from launch to landing. People were asking if I'd flown really well because of the big smile on my face while packing up, but really, I couldn't stop laughing about the abruptness of my flight!

But it's not funny enough to repeat. Not at all. Tomorrow I'll make sure to make a more specific wish in the launch line, and I'll have a better reason for having a huge grin on my face.

No comments: