Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Goofy grins


How can I not smile when getting paid to have this much fun???


My passengers have been using a camera to film us during our flights and there's one consistent thing I've noticed when watching the videos. There is always a huge goofy grin on my face for most of the flight. Not just here and there like when my passenger squeals with delight or we hit a nice thermal but throughout the whole flight. It got me wondering if it's just the infectious energy from my passenger or if I rock the dorky smile when flying alone, so I took the camera out on my solo flight last night. Besides some big grins cheesing it up for the camera, it seems I have a much saner face when flying by myself. So the task at hand is to practice looking serious & professional while the camera's rolling on tandem and leave the 5-year-old-on-too-much-sugar look for just a few precious moments during the flight. I mean really, flying tandems is my job and you're not supposed to have *that* much fun at work, are you?

4 comments:

Husfruen of Hilltop House said...

Just keep smiling! :-)

Anne Lorys said...

I'd have a big old goofy grin on my face, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

"If you do what you love, you never have to work a day in your life." OK, I can't remember who said it, but it isn't a Hen original. :)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!