Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

4 days and counting!

Saturday morning I will be waking up bright and early to drive to the Canadian Paragliding Nationals in Pemberton, BC.  After deciding to compete a couple of months ago and waiting for this event it seems the last week has just flown by!

This will be the first time I will be competing with sponsors backing me.  The fact that I have supporters will push me when I feel like giving up and will help me go that extra distance.  Knowing myself, I won't be putting myself in any dangerous situations just because "I have to do well for my sponsors".  At the same time, I know that the better I perform, the more likely they will be to keep supporting me so that could be the extra kick I need if I'm having any moments of self-doubt.

I plan to blog every night after flying, even if it's just a quick note, and hope to have some personal bests to share.  It will be exciting to see old friends and make new ones, and share in the excitement of competition with 100 other pilots!

Wish me luck :)


No comments: