Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Competition Time!

It's that time of year again! It's so exciting to be going to Oregon again for my 3rd "Rat Race". The Rat Race is a paragliding competition that combines mentorship, learning and actual competing. It's like a week-long stint at Paragliding University. Wouldn't it be awesome if that was a real thing? "Yes, I attend the University of Paragliding. I'm taking a double major in Thermals and Cross-Country, all though my prof says if I sink out one more time I'm off the XC team." Uh...where was I? Oh yeah. The Rat Race.

A few days before the race one of the instructors is putting on a Tandem Clinic which I'm going to attend. It's a mandatory step to receiving my US Tandem rating which I'd like to have in addition to my Canadian one, so I'm looking forward to that too. More knowledge is good!

I'll try to keep posting daily updates since the house we're renting with our friends is supposed to have wifi. Wish me luck for my best standing yet!

No comments: