Paragliding in BC

Paragliding in BC

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Practice Day

We had an idea from looking at the weather forecast that Saturday (sign-in and practice day) would not be flyable. Sure enough on the drive to Headquarters we saw some incredible and massive cloud development. 



So after signing in and catching up with old friends, Jacques (the local Skywalk dealer) let me take his Tonic kiting. The Tonic is one of the few mini wings that has an EN rating and is still classified as a paraglider, but is still small enough to take out and play with in strong winds like we were experiencing. It was a great way to practice inflating and controlling a glider in winds that I wouldn't feel comfortable using my full size glider in, and tons of fun. Someone was snapping photos so if I get my hands on a copy I'll post the evidence. 

The winds weren't calming down so we decided to call it a day and do some microbrew testing instead. Fingers crossed for good weather for Day 1!


No comments: